Emily Trelford

My Educational Blog

Post #6 – EDCI 338 Community Contributions

In response to S Mac:

https://smaceducation.wordpress.com/2021/06/23/engaging-your-pln/

I like how you have acknowledged that creating a blog and PLN for this class was a steep learning curve. I think that this is so true, and something many of us have never had to do for other classes. It is great to see everyone doing so well with their blogs towards the end of the class, even if they had no clue what a PLN was or how to work WordPress prior to the course. I also appreciate how you are keen on setting up a website for your future classroom! I think after your experiences with this course, and all that we have learned, this should be a breeze for you 🙂

I have really enjoyed reading all of your posts. Good luck in all your future endeavours and thank you for a great term!

In response to Breanne:

Reflecting On PLN

Breanne, I think both of our closing posts had a lot of similarities! I too, really had no idea what a PLN was, and feared that social media was just something that could hinder my future career as a teacher. I am also so glad that I decided to take this course, too! I think we have come a long way since our first class with Michael in EDCI 336 back in the fall. From first learning about all the dangers of social media back in that class, to all the amazing things we can do with it now. During our final project when Hannah (which mentioned in her final blog) contacted Rebecca Bushby about her PLN, it was really eye-opening and amazing to see how well she is doing with her platforms. I think we are definitely set out on the right path when it comes to using our PLN’s as educators :).

I have loved reading all your responses this term Breanne, really great work! You too, can count me as part of your online community!