Emily Trelford

My Educational Blog

About Me

Hello! My name is Emily Trelford, and I’m a teacher candidate in year 2 of the B.Ed Program at the University of Victoria. I have had a passion for becoming a teacher for as long as I can remember. I began my post-secondary journey in the Psychology Program at UVic, but soon realized I knew what I wanted to do – teach!

Since entering the program in the fall of 2020, I have learned so much about becoming an educator, through my courses at UVic, and some hands on experience at the daycare that I work at. I am very grateful to be in the program, and am excited to get out into the field and do what I love – educating and working with kids.

I grew up on Vancouver Island, and have lived here (and actually in the same house) my whole life! Some of my interests outside of my education include walking my dog, cooking, painting, going off-roading in and around the island, road trips and exploring the beautiful west coast our island has to offer.

I’m excited to be taking some extra-curricular courses this summer, and look forward to sharing my experiences with everyone, and reading about everyone else’s! Thanks for reading!

© 2024 Emily Trelford